If you currently own or intend to purchase residential
rental property in South Leicestershire, you should
look into our property management service. You will
find us both professional and cost-effective. As specialists,
we know how to manage your property for optimum performance,
whilst ensuring smooth running tenancies and compliance
with the minefield of landlord & tenant legislation. To maximise
the return on your investment, contact us now, by 'phone,
fax or e-mail with some brief details and we will send
you a free copy of our 'Landlords Guide to Letting' brochure.
We cover a very specific area, as we are fully aware
of the importance of the location of the properties we
look after. The areas we cover are as follows:
1. Providing a rental valuation and appraisal of the property and offering advice as required.
2. Advertising and marketing the Property including selection of tenants, carrying out viewings.
3. Interviewing prospective tenants and taking up full references including ID checks, credit history searches, employer references, previous landlord references and a character reference. Where necessary, additional security would be requested by means of a guarantor.
4. Preparing the Tenancy Agreement. This is necessary for the Landlord to gain protection of the relevant Rent and Housing Acts, and renewing the Agreement where necessary at the end of the Term.
5. Liaising with a Landlord's mortgagees where necessary with regard to references and Tenancy Agreement.
6. Preparing a full inventory and schedule of condition, including digital photography.
7. Taking a deposit from the tenant to be held by the Agent until the end of the tenancy when the Property and contents have been checked for unfair wear and tear. We are members of The Tenancy Deposit Scheme.
8. Collecting the rent monthly and paying the Landlord monthly without delay! Payments will be made by direct bank transfer and a detailed rent statement will be forwarded to the Landlord.
9. Renewing or extending existing tenancy agreements.
10. Finding replacement tenants when existing tenancies come to an end – including all items listed above.
11. Arranging with utility companies (principally electricity gas & water) for meter readings and advising them of the transfer of service contracts to the tenant at the beginning of each tenancy (Where the Data Protection Act allows).
12. Regular inspections of the Property during the period of the tenancy, with written reports to the landlord.
13. Co-ordination of repair or maintenance including arranging for tradesmen to attend the property and obtaining estimates where necessary, and settling accounts from rents received.
14. Making payments on behalf of the Landlord from rents received for maintenance costs for the property.
15. Carrying out a full property inspection and inventory check at the end of the tenancy and dealing with matters relating to unfair wear and tear before releasing the tenant's deposit.
16. Arranging for the legally required energy performance certificates, gas & electrical safety inspections to be carried out and certificates held.
We have an initial administration fee of £95.00.
This fee is
of the agreement. Please note: We do not charge for tenancy renewals
or when a new tenancy begins. See
full details of what is included within our fee. We would also suggest that you check the small print of other agents fees to see what isn't included!
Our ongoing management commission is 10% of subsequent
rental payments. There are no other 'hidden' fees. For
example - we do not add any 'commission charges' when
arranging maintenance on you property or any agreement
renewal fees etc etc..
This service includes holding the tenants deposit and arranging for the required safety inspections to be completed, but excludes parts 6,11,12,13,14,15 of the Standard Management Service as listed above. The fee this service is 7% of the monthly rent. There is an initial set up fee of £95.00.
The Letting Only service includes only parts 1 to 5 of the Standard Management Service as listed above. The fee for the Letting Only Service is equivalent to 60% of the first months rent, with a minimum charge of £250.00. There are no set up fees for this service. All fees are payable at the commencement of the Tenancy and will be deducted from monies received by the Agent on the Landlord's behalf. Landlords must provide current safety certificates and details of the tenancy deposit scheme where the tenants deposit is to be lodged.
We maintain a flexible attitude, and are generally able
to adapt our service to meet our clients needs, for example by providing just
one part of our service, or alternatively by taking on
additional tasks and duties.
Unfortunately V.A.T. must be charged at the current rate on all fees.
An electrical inspection must be carried out by either
an NICEIC or ECA approved contractor. A certificate confirming
electrical safety must be submitted with proof that all
observations and recommendations noted as requiring 'urgent
attention-code 1' or 'improvement-code 2' be rectified
by an NICEIC or ECA contractor. This test must be repeated
at least every five years. A visual inspection of all
sockets, switches, lamp holders and safety devices prior
to the commencement of each tenancy
year is needed and any defects remedied.
Appliances must be checked annually. Circuit breakers should be provided if outdoor appliances (lawnmowers etc.) are likely to be used.
As responsible agents, we must insist that smoke alarms are fitted. Where we manage a property, these will be checked for correct operation and where necessary the batteries will be replaced. If no alarms are fitted, we will arrange for these to be supplied and installed at a total cost of £10.00 + vat per unit.
We do not manage H.M.O. properties.